Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Wiggle Once for Yes
After the head shake and nod, the world-famous Indian head wiggle has got to be the most effective form of non-verbal communication ever developed by mankind. A half wiggle, which involves turning one's head at about a 45 degree angle, is a sign of quiet consent or resignation. A full wiggle, on the other hand, can be used as a sign of agreement or as a greeting, often accompanied by a smile. The other Western volunteers and I have found it irresistable to imitate and use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading your blog. You have a way with words, my friend.
ReplyDeleteMashAllah, you must be an English major! Although it sounds like you're in the health sciences field - how unfortunate :)
ReplyDeleteJazakallahkhair for the compliment. Actually I am of the few Arabs and Desis who have defected from the traditional health sciences route. I'm studying sociology, economics and political science. May Allah save us all from the perils of premed :)
ReplyDelete